Facts about FFI Pen Pals
The FFI Pen Pal Program…
- ran during the pandemic
- was created to offer new and interesting ways for Friendship Force members to connect from a distance
Members were paired for a variety of different reasons. Members wanted to…
- get to know a new friend from a specific region, either far away or within the same country.
- practice a particular language.
- communicate with someone who shares their hobby or interest.
- talk to someone with vastly different interests.
- make friends with someone their own age.
- exchange views with someone older/ younger.
The Pen Pal Program wasn’t limited to exchanging letters. Our Pen Pals decided on their preferred method of communication: emails, handwritten letters, a combination of both, or face-to-face chats via Zoom or Skype.
FFI may offer pen pal matching opportunities again if possible. Keep your eyes out for upcoming announcements on myFF.